Thursday, September 1, 2011

So, my friend Eric decided he wanted a longer saddle day. Great! I have no problem with Iron Butt trips, or as in this case, something closer to a Bronze Butt. The idea was to hit some roads up in southern Wyoming and come back to Denver through central Colorado, Steamboat Springs, Berthoud Pass and back to town.

There were five of us: VFR1200, R1, Concourse-14, Triumph Speed Triple and my SV1000s. The VFR, R1 and I met in Denver proper and we rode up to Lyons, CO to meet the others who lived up that way.

Here we are meeting at 5:30am (for some ungodly reason)


We met the others in Lyons and then took some back neighborhood-style roads up to Rist Canyon which let us out at highway 287 north of Ft. Collins. There we rode 287 to Laramie, WY where we went west to Medicine Bow National Forest. MBNF was a very pretty place and I'd love to go back there when I have more camera time, but we didn't stop for photo-ops.

We did, however, stop here where the road fell away killing a family a few weeks before.







We stopped again to check directions in southern Wyoming, a little north of Riverside, a dinky little town that really has no reason to exist.



Like I said, we didn't stop much for pictures, but you can see our route on the map link below. All in all it was about 630 miles for me that long hot day. 


View 600 Mile Ride 7-30-2011 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment