Monday, June 20, 2011

Bike Block Party

Performance Cycle hosted their Second Annual Block Party/Bike Night this past Saturday. I don't think the turn-out was as large as the previous year, but it was a good turn-out. There were a few of my riding buddies there as well as the Street Soldierz and a few other motorcycle clubs.

While mostly sportbikes, there was an eclectic mix of riders who showed up at this event.

This bike, for example, was recently built by the owner but built out of original bike parts. The engine, frame and accessories are together for the very first time in this bike.

From Performance Cycle Bike Night 6-18-2011

This Hayabusa not only had a custom paint-job but also had a super-long swing arm. I think this bike was 15 feet long. Terribly inconvenient for riding, I'd imagine.
And this is, apparently, an honest-to-goodness Harley Davidson motorcycle manufactured for the British military.

A bunch of custom cruisers.

And this bad-boy. From what I understand, this bad-boy is built as a fun project for some weapons manufacturer here in the Denver area. It's built off a Buell frame and could be considered the ultimate street-fighter.
Gratuitous crowd shot from the parking lot next to Performance Cycle. Bikes were also aligned along the street

From Performance Cycle Bike Night 6-18-2011
And then there was this thing. Built from a Trike frame with a genuine VW Bug engine, this is a custom build by an old hippie wrench-turner who has a self-proclaimed VW graveyard at his house. All in all it was a great time if you're into riding motorcycles.


Sorry about the picture quality guys. I didn't bring my dSLR as I didn't want to keep track of it, so all these are taken with my Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment